Monday, 20 February 2017

Birds tag

I made this tag for the Masks challenge on the Paperartsy blog.

The background of this tag was coloured with Aged Mahogany and Dusty Concord Distress inks. On top of that I used a Tim Holtz mask and sprayed with Dylusions ink sprays. However, the effect was not yet good enough for me. I repositioned the mask, and painted with Butternut Fresco paint. This is the mask in the upper corner. For balance, I did the same in the lower left corner.

To finish the background, I stamped a leaf from ELB02 in white.

The birds are from chipboard and painted with Haystack, Zesty Zing, and some Autumn Fire Fresco paints. The little ribbon pieces in the bottom right corner again provide some balance.

I was inspired by the post by Ingrid Vichova on the PA blog, and wanted to create a lot of depth, like she did on her art journal page.

I hope you like it.