Thursday 24 January 2013

Mechanical Man


I am a big fan of Paperartsy. I have lots of their stamps and some 30 bottles of Fresco Finish Chalk Acrylics. Therefore, I am very excited about everything that currently goes on on their blog.

On this card I managed to get a nice crackled background. Believe it or not, this was the first time it worked out so good! Thanks to a tutorial on the Paperartsy Youtube channel.

The mechanical man is stamped on acetate and coloured the back with Pansy so that it shows up against the background. A nice tip given by Helen Chilton last week!

The cogs are from a metal sheet. I coloured them with French Roast and Claret, which gives a rusty look.

5 comments:

Trish said...

Fab job - a really great piece. I know what you mean about owning all the paint, and loving all this inspiration to use it. I love your crackle - it's perfect!

Anonymous said...

That's terrific, the background is great.

Gillian .... said...

Hi Mark, glad you are enjoying the GD tips over on the PaperArtsy blog, great depth of colours and layers to this piece, the addition of Pansy enhances the acetate image perfectly.

PaperArtsy said...

I *know* you're a BIG fan Mark!! Having had the pleasure of teaching you on several occasions! Thanks for playing along and hope the NZ trip was awesome!!

Linda M. Cain said...

Great job! Love your choice of stamps and placement!

~Linda