Monday 1 March 2010

Playing with Viva Decor

Recently, Linda Brown of LBCrafts showed some great samples of using metal art and Viva Decor metal paints. These are the first pieces that I made myself.

A short description of the technique I used for these pieces. The metal piece in the middle was embossed using the Cuttlebug, and glued on a piece of chipboard. Then I applied Viva Decor Ferro paint to the chipboard around the metal. While the paint was still wet, I stamped garden and a flower (both Paperartsy) into the Ferro paint. I coloured the top half with Denim Dabber ink, and the rest with Viva Decor metal paints. This makes the stamped images pop out. The flower and jigsaw piece are stamped with Stazon on metal. The ATC I submitted for the Elements theme of Think Monday - Think ATC.

Ik heb onlangs een demo gezien door Linda Brown van LBCrafts. Zij combineert metal art met de metaalverf van Viva Decor. Deze arch en atc zijn mijn eerste probeersels.

8 comments:

Riet Harikini said...

Hallo Mark,
Prachtig gemaakt en gefeliciteerd met je prijs.
Tof voor je.

Groetjes Riet (harikini)

Dani Rogall said...

Hi Mark,
your ATCs habe a nice look. I like texture effects.
Dani

Ali Manning said...

Wow - these are awesome! Thanks for sharing how you made them.

Rhonda said...

These are very cool - the stamped images really do pop - fabulous! Thanks for sharing the method - cheers!

Nancy B said...

Love the texture and colors!

Kris Dickinson said...

Wonderful colors! Just beautiful!

Amy said...

stunning pieces!

lilipaon said...

very well done Mark